Small Businesses were big winners at the Moreton Bay Central Commerce’s Annual Business Achievement Awards held at the PCYC in Deception Bay on Saturday night.
Approximately two hundred guests graced the red carpet in their finest to attend the dinner, which highlighted new and ongoing achievements of businesses servicing and operating out of Burpengary, Narangba, Deception Bay and Rothwell.
Independent judges selected winners from each of the categories who were able to demonstrate outstanding initiative, outstanding achievement, enthusiasm, dedication to excellence, and commitment to the region.
Award Recipients included:
- Suellen Brosnan from Alex Gow Funerals was awarded Best in Customer Service
- Kylie Pittman from Pretty Skulls Hair And Beauty was awarded Best New Business Encouragement
- Linda Calder from Zesty Lemon Cafe was awarded Best in Hospitality
- Leah Visser from Leah’s Barber Shop was awarded Best in Retail Business
- John Eckel from 1300 Autotrans Deception Bay was awarded Best in Industry
- Deborah Fay from MJL Publications and My Juicy Life was awarded Best in Small Business and
- Des Dewar and Leanda Williams from Meals On Wheels Deception Bay were awarded Best in Not for Profit /Charity
There were also 2 businesses inducted into the MBCC Hall Of Fame:
- Mermaids By The Bay and
- The Lighthouse Centre
And Lindsay Packer from Packer Leather was awarded an Honorary Life Membership for his much appreciated ongoing support for the Moreton Bay Central Commerce.
President Paul Francis said: “There isn’t a person in small business who doesn’t deserve recognition for hard work and everyone wins when businesses come together and support each other as they did last night.”
The night finished on a high after a beautiful meal and great music from Wes Taylor.
If you would like to see more photos or order some for yourself go to Commercial Images Australia and use the password MBCC16